Monday 1 September 2008

Bullet point blogging

* Tired, must sleep, but first blogging…

* Gen-Con UK => crap

* Day out with new friends => fun

* “Put A Donk On It” => worst song ever…

* …though it has inspired the donk card. A penalty for tasteless or tacky jokes/comments.

* A card which is going to be far sparklier than it is now apparently.

* Pool in Cheltenham now open! Woot!

* Membership is costing me about £7.50 more than the swim only pass in Swindon and gives me access to the pool, the sauna, the spa, the gym and the running track amongst other things.

* Pros - shiny, newly refitted facility, 50p lockers, free-to-use hairdryers, swimming lanes that are 1.5 times the size of those in the Health Hydro in Swindon - one lane up, one lane down and an overtaking lane - simple but effective.

* Cons - co-ed changing rooms (individual cubicles though) and with only one major leisure facility in Cheltenham it has a rather high percentage of chavs (hopefully just because it was newly reopened, they were bored and it is still the summer holidays).

* Summer holidays - how I chuckled to myself as I wrote that. So long summer.

* I did 24 lengths today, now bad for my first time in six months. When I started back to the pools in Swindon in January it took be ages to build up to 30 from a paltry ten per sesh in the first week, so I take a small measure of pride in that.

* Warhawk now has jetpacks - bloody good fun.

* Finally, I’m back in Swindon on Saturday 6th for Dazza’s birthday - will be around for just a couple of hours due to trains - unless I get an offer worth staying overnight for! ;)

* That is meant not in a lothario/Jabba The Hutt kinda way and more in a any-mates-wanna-meet-up-Sunday? kinda way.

* I’ve been hiding my lack of a haircut with gel and some lame styling but I need a haircut - anywhere good in Cheltenham to go? By good, I mean good - AND CHEAP!

* I’m off to see John Barrowman and Russell T Davies talk at the literary festival.

* I’m still nuturing dreams of going to Edinburgh Festival, Essen and SDCC in the coming years. Forlorn dreams that require money SO COME TO PROUD LION AND BUY STUFF! :)

* Although I shouldn’t really go to essen for I am cursed when it comes to games shows it seems.

* Got to replay and complete Beneath A Steel Sky this week. Bloody good. I miss point and click adventure games. If Sonic is going 2D sidways scrolly again, can’t we have Guybrush or Ben Throttle or Robert Foster back in glorious SCUMMy glory?

* Gemma has sold her house! Congrats to her - still worried about where Boots will end up living though. I wish I had a house/flat where I could have a cat. :(

* Games night is going really well - loving that, so thanks to everyone. Has really helped me feel more at home in Chelters and has (for the most part) banished the blues of my early self indulgent blogs.

* Finally, just saw the BBC1 repeat of Mischief: Britain’s Really Disgusting Foods. That was revolting - and whilst it’s not news most of it, I would say it is certainly harder to ignore that knowledge when you have seen it laid bare so disturbingly. If you want to know what I mean, watch this on iPlayer over the next 7 days. Not for the faint hearted. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment