Friday 5 September 2008

Water, water everywhere...

Horrible weather isn’t it? Again.

Still, no moaning from me about that here.

Instead I’d like to talk about the English Channel.

I’m going to swim it!

Well, not literally. I’m going to fo the Aspire Channel Swim challenge. Between September 14th and December 7th, I need to complete a total of 1064 lengths of pool to equate the channel.

I’m currently doing 24 lengths a session and intend to get this up to 30 next week.

Then, 3 times a week I shall go and do 30 lengths per session. Then on my last session before the end date, I will only have to do 14 lengths to hit my goal!

I shall keep you apraised, but this seems like a great way to spearhead my new drive to do more swimming.

The charity Aspire works to help people “with spinal cord injury to create opportunity, choice and independence.”

I will be raising money for them whilst doing this - you can sponsor me here.

I don’t expect anyone to do so - times are hard and mandatory begging for charity is crass - but if you feel inclined please do so.

Thanks folks.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment