Wednesday 30 July 2008

Strange little day

Hmmm, what an odd day. I have wired in a nice new remote control wall mounted fan above my till point that should keep me cooler and happier at work. That went off without a hitch (well, thus far) and provided a nice sense of achievement.

I’m banging my head against a brick wall with my ecommerce software which is apparently not entirely compatible with Access 2007, something they failed to make clear when I bought the package pack in January. I am bracing myself for a lengthy battle to get my money back if a suitable solution doesn’t present itself soon. Sigh. No achievement there.

I started to replay Soul Reaver 2 for some nostalgia value only to discover the PS3 creates a strange bug where it fails to render one pillar that is vital to the completion of the Dark Forge section which occurs early in the game. Without it you are screwed!

Apparently you can dump your save game on a PS2 memory card, get past the section on a PS2 and then continue without a hitch. Annoyingly you need the USB => PS2 memory card adaptor and I simply can’t be bothered to buy that when I’m already hankering after a Dualshock 3 anyway. Ah well, looks like Raziel will slip back into the void till another time.

If Eidos had any sense they’d port all the Legacy Of Kain games onto the PS3 and stick them all on one shiny BD-ROM. Come one, it’s two PSone games and 3 PS2 games in total, easy. And as a fan of those series I would snap it up and I know four other people off the top of my head who probably would as well. It’s all of the games in one place, would save me room on my shelf and you could fix said annoying bug. Hell, you could even sell them seperately as downloads on the PSN store thus maximising revenue from a simple bit of porting. Fricking genius, I am. Eidos, I am available on a work for hire basis, but the shop comes first.

To top it all off just as I’m reeling from that blow, I discover Srabulous has been removed from Facebook just as Tony and I started a monster new game where we both started with a bingo each! Sigh. I do think Hasbro have every right to protect their trademark though and Scrabulous was a BLATANT rip off.

I’ve added the new Scrabble app and it is shinier than Scrabulous. i know some folks will complain about the corporate monsters takng down the small fish but frankly, copyright violations should be enforced, whether it’s a corporation with a billion patents and copyrights or a small company that is one guy plugging away.

Cry liberty and whine at me all you like but you wouldn’t like it if someone stole your good ideas and made money off them too.

Seriously the day someone creates a perpetual motion machine using two magnets and a cat fed on iron filing laced pet food with a piece of buttered toast strapped to its back, I’m gonna be devastated.

I have diagrams you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment