Wednesday 9 July 2008

Now, dance fucker, dance.

Ugh, what a day. Pissy wet weather to start with. Then Diamond tell me they fucked up and I’ll be getting my large (and I mean HUGE) graphic novel reorder tomorrow along with my normal delivery. I will drown in stock…

Diamond offer this service called a ‘prompt pick’ on all orders over a certain value which means you get it the next day. Well I put one in Monday and it’s not gonna arrive till Thursday, work that one out. Prompt? Fuck off.

9 times out of 10, Diamond fuck up like this. I could go into the reasons why the two Forbidden Planet chains in the UK get better service, but it’s boring for those outside the industry and it boils down to a simple case of an old boys’ network. Once again not what you know but who.

That kids is why brown nosing ass bag fuck dicks will always do better in life than people who work hard.

The thing that really grinds my gears is that Diamond make no effort to offer customer service. I have to give good customer service - I can rarely say what I’m really thinking when people are obnoxious and shitty over simple things whilst at work. And sadly I seem to carry that into the rest of my life. But that’s for another blog.

Diamond know they need to do nothing as they have an unchallenged monopoly. They are the only comic dsitributor of note these days. So they can happily fuck up and as independent comic shops we have to smile and take it as they slip their dirty veiny cock further down our throats.

My games supplier Esdevium know they have competition in the UK so they make more of an effort to keep me sweet and fix any problems. They are ace, big shout out to Esdevium. We had a big delivery of excellent board games for the relocated and shiny Gaming section today. That was brilliant. And arrived the day I expected.

So, the day’s a wash out and I’m gonna slip off and see Kung Fu Panda tonight to cheer myself up. I may even treat myself to dinner at Apres. Who knows.

The one good thing was I finally heard some tracks off new album from The Offspring and it tempted me to shell out for the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment