Sunday 20 July 2008

So keep your head up billy buddy...

So, better day.

Gemma came down from Swindon and we took off into town in search of Subways and cinema tickets. We went to see Mamma Mia - I do have a weakness for musicals and Doctor Horrible’s Sing-A-Long Blog has only served to exacerbate that prediliction. Sorry, word of the day toilet paper again.

Anyway, I would’ve looked a bit odd going on my own, but going with Gem means I could just point at her and go, “her choice, her fault” whilst secretly being chuffed too! It’s like folks who enjoy taking their niece/nephew to see say WALL-E (which is awesome btw) so they don;t feel silly.

The film was OK, good fun but I don’t think I’d watch it again. It’s not in the same league as Phantom, Hairspray or Moulin Rouge (which I think I’ll have to rewatch this week, it’s been a few years) but it was entertaining. Gemma really enjoyed it and it was nice to catch up. She’s been busy doing up her house to get it on the market befoe it slumps anymore. She’s emigrating to New Zealand around the end of the year. I’m gnna miss her, friendships with ex-partners aren’t usually this laidback and enjoyable.

In fact, most of them are a chuffing nightmare.

So that definitely helped drag me out of my recent funk a bit. Daft happy singing, a good friend and a chance to show off the recent changes in the shop to someone who knows and appreciates how much work has gone into that damn place.

The shop is like my child and right now it’s in its difficult teenage years. I still remember the love I had for it when I first got it and when it took its first steps but it is rude and sullen these days. At least I can be fairly sure it isn’t on drugs…

Wow, this blogging stuff is starting to make sense. Huh. Inner monologue is fine but where is the line between that and talking to yourself? Then how long before talking to yourself becomes something a tad more concerning? :)

Right, I have the house to myself for a week, so if I start to go nuts again you;ll see it on here I’ve no doubt. But I intend to keep busy and I have One Man Star Wars to look forward to on Thursday, many thanks to Husky and Lou.

No comments:

Post a Comment