Saturday 19 July 2008

The Anti Blog, Part 1

Wow, I am so bad at this blog malarkey. I used to actually have friends to talk to so blogging seemed kinda pointless but since life is kinda lonely here in Cheltenham I should get up to speed with this cyber diary stuff.

Don’t kid yourself folks - blogging is just that. Girly dear diary faff posted on the world wide interweb for many to see.

And now I have joined in.

Don’t get me wrong. Some blogs are ace. I’ve read some great entries and learnt a great deal.

But the vast majority are blah blah blah. Pick up a phone and call someone folks - or share your emotions and thoughts with friends down the pub.

I saw an episode of Supernatural where a demon/creature could fake phone calls, online chat or e-mails/SMS from dead loved ones, gaining their trust before luring them to his feeding ground.

He said that centuries beofre he had to lurk in the forests at the edge of villages and try to beckon people to him at night. Most of the time other villagers would intervene and he’d starve, getting maybe one meal a year.

But in modern times people are so connected with technology and yet so isolated. No one to look out for them or care for them, despite a friend list of over 500 on Facebook or a SIM card full of phone numbers.

It is true. I’m really feeling this at the moment. I know lots of people and yet I’m sat here feeling a bit lonely.

And pathetic.

And i’m blogging like a sodding hypocrite.

Heck, my last post was a whiny, fucked off post too. I’m turning into Warren Ellis with less piss and about the same amount of vinegar!

I should also resort to short braindumps of vitriol.

Hmmm…

No comments:

Post a Comment