Saturday 19 July 2008

Slighty less melodramatic, slightly more drunk, pretty much the same computer...

So, should really sign off on a positive note.

It’s not all rubbish, The shop is AWESOME. I thjink it looks great - most people seem to agree. I’ve hit the target for reservation customers I set myself when I opened two months early. Trade is good and considering the desperate media attempt to create a recession out of the credit issues (I hate “credit crunch”, they were right on Mock The Week it does sound like a breakfast cereal), this even more impressive.

And I have met some great folks here. Quick name check to the nice folks I’ve met (in no particular order) - Charlie, Lee, Sarah and Andy, Alex and the gang, Rob W, Emerson, Rich and Lex, Reep, Tony and Adie, Simon and KJ, Glenn, Laura and the Blockbuster crew, and assorted folks from Cineworld!

The thing about real life - ie, not uni - is there aren’t social events where you meet people or get chance to re-engage with people outside of the professional setting. And being so painfully British and stuffy, the transition from acquaintance to friend is something I seem to do slowly. Dumb, huh?

Plus, everything seems to have rocketed up in price and my money goes nowhere! WAH! A problem we all face I guess, but back in the day I’d have been in our local rock club most nights getting to know peeps. Now I pop out maybe once a month. Usually to Judder, as over the past 5 years it has built up a near mythical status amongst friends I know who have moved to the area, so I kinda have to check it out!

Finally want to name check Dave and Emma who despite having a lot on their plate recently have reached out. Friendship is not defined by geography or eroded by time. Thanks guys. :)

Plus Matt and Krysia, who have to weather my current state of self loathing and depression. The concern shown has been appreciated and not suffocating. Thanks kids. Hope your LARP is going well.

I am using their absence to wander the house naked.

Psych. :D

NB: the author of this blog accepts no liability for your current mental images. Not even that one. You can’t pin that on me, that one’s your own sick, twisted fantasy writ large across your grey and squishy braincicle.

PS - I blame Joss Whedon for my bad dialogue and Brian Blessed for my voice.

PPS - me sleepy. Me sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment