Sunday 17 August 2008

I am the mountain, I am the sea, you can't take that away from me...

Hmmm, I only seem to blog when annoyed. I guess because it is an open forum and writing it down can be carthartic.

Well, today I’m in a thoroughly good mood. Had a long tiring week, but an enjoyable weekend which included Warhawk, Jim Beam and Starship Troopers with Husky on Saturday, then a trip to see Benji in Worcester on Sunday.

I’m still enjoying listening to music on my iPod I had long forgotten about, so expect more lyrics as I see fit. It’s nice to hear music for pleasure rather than the anthems for cash that was my life as a DJ.

My new exercise and breakfast regime is going well. I’m currently doing situps morning and night and keeping a diary of what I’m doing to help me form the habit. The leisure centre here reopens on September 1st, so I’m planning to start swimming three times aweek again as I was back in Swindon before I started the shopfitting. So that’s a work-in-progress that I’m pleased about.

Money is tight this month after a night out with Neil. Keeping up with that boy and his seemingly bottomless pockets is very draining financially and emotionally. Our night was taking a turn for the amorous when Sadler reeled in two lovely ladies before declaring his love for his girlfriend. I was able to capitalise on said groundwork and all was going charmingly. Then Neil managed to bugger it all up with one of his tetchy rants. Bless him. I wouldn’t mind but the phrase “she started it” is not acceptable out of the mouth of any bloke over the age of about nine!

Games night is going very well at the shop which is great. Murder City highlighted how rusty my roleplaying skills have become, so hopefully the forthcoming free-form RPG that Rich is running will give me a chance to give them a workout. The last lot of RPG I did saw me GMing it all so it will be nice to get back to playing.

Had an invite to do some LARPing separately to the stuff a lot of my friends do. Daunting, but nice to break away from the stuff like Renewal and have my own experience rather than one informed by others. I had previously tried to explain to folks that I had some rubbish experience with LARP in the past but got a torrent of abuse including my favourite - “Of course you wouldn’t like it, it’s exercise after all.” You know who you are, and you still draw breath through my good grace monsieur.

Anyway for now I am slave to the shop, so it won’t be till next year at the earliest.

Right, must wrap up and get my head down but I shall leave you with these thoughts:

If you order a cooked breakfast/fry up always try a mushroom first. If they are undercooked don’t even consider trying the meat!

There is no way to ask a couple to keep the noise down when they have sex without sounding like a prude - especially if you are single.

And finally, this from xkcd…

No comments:

Post a Comment