Wednesday 25 November 2009

New goals

OK, some new goals. Things have sucked recently and I need to keep my head up.


#1 THE NORTH CHANNEL SWIM CHALLENGE
So having finished the Aspire Swim Challenge two weeks early I have become worried that I will become lazy and lose my motivation to go. So I'm setting my own challenge to myself.

I intend to swim the equivalent length of the North Channel between now and Saturday 20th March. The North Channel, (Irish Channel) between the North of Ireland and the Mull of Galloway is 18.6 miles (35 km.).

That's 1051 lengths in my local pool - 13 less than the Aspire Swim Challenge. That's 17 weeks so longer than for the Swim Challenge, but it does allow me to have a break over Christmas as the pool will undoubtedly open at odd times or indeed shut.

I'll keep updating with my progress.


#2 DRIVING THEORY TEST

I've had my provisional license for a while. Still unsure as to whether I can even really afford to learn drive, but I feel it is a skill I should keep working towards. So the goal is to have completed my theory test before my birthday next year. (I'll be 30 - aaargh!)


#3 FINISH MY CURRENT STORY

Whether it turns into a novel or a novella, I intend to stick at it and finish the story. Then we'll see how much work it needs to kick it into shape.


So that's a few to be going on with. Need to have more fun and worry less.

Easier said than done.

No comments:

Post a Comment