Tuesday 2 June 2009

In a change from our regularly scheduled broadcast...

Something more positive.

I got to swim for the first time since Mum died. The endorphins, combined with the glorious weather, have given me a bit of lift.

Last week was dreadful and I was a nightmare to be around. I faced up to a problem I was having but hurt people in the process.

But hopefully that is past. I’ve got lots going on this month and I’m hoping it will really turn things around for me.

I’m really enjoying the Mammal album as well. Caught them on Scuzz round at Tony and Adie’s with their single, The Majority, from the album of the same name.

It reminds me of Faith No More and something else I can’t put my finger on. If I was still DJing I’d certainly be playing this every week to try and break it. I had to slyly download the CD as the band haven’t officially released it in the UK yet. But they are touring here (well two dates) later in this year, so it may follow then and I’ll certainly snap one up when it is available.

I’m loving what I’ve heard of Little Boots so far, may get her album. It’s also made me want to buy a Tenori-On but at over 900 quid I think I’ll have to pass!

I’m also gonna pick up the following CDs when they come out:

15th June => Enter Shikari - ‘Common Dreads’
13th July => BillY Talent - ‘III’
27th July => Frankmusik - ‘Complete Me’

Was gonna pick up the Incubus greatest hits, but the track listing is fairly uninspired and misses out a lot of the early singles I liked, so I may make my own compilation from iTunes instead.

Still haven’t seen Drag Me To Hell and Terminator is out tomorrow. Blah. Will get to it in due course I guess.

Have finally found a use for the rubbish Bay-formers too. The Not-Optimus standee I ordered makes a great sun shield in the window. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment