Monday 24 May 2010

Cineworld Vs

Ugh. Films I currently want to see = 4.

[REC] 2

4, 3, 2, 1

Cop Out

The Losers

Number currently scheduled to be shown at Cineworld Cheltenham = 0

(OK 3 of those don't open till Friday or the week after, so they may appear as Cheltenham hasn't update their bit of the website yet)

Sigh, I remain underwhelmed by Cineworld Cheltenham. Oh, for the money to open a small picture house and bar in Cheltenham. I know the exact team I'd hire to run it for me too. :(

If we all cross our fingers that I win the lottery, can I bring a smidgen more culture to the town? The Phoenix Picture House in Oxford is pretty cool - it's where I saw Donnie Darko many months before word of mouth got it a proper theatrical release.

It's also where I saw A Scanner Darkly, but Oxford is less accessible by public transport from 'nham than it was from Swindon.

And the Watershed in Bristol is great too. Last year I had to travel to see Moon, Franklyn and something else - I forget what it was called. Plus I had to wait till DVD for Doghouse, Dead Snow (did that get a theatrical release over here?) and many more. A few years ago, I had to travel to Bristol for Clerks 2 for fuck's sake.

Sigh. If it's not a blockbuster movie, it seems a lot of the time you can forget seeing it at my local Cineworld.

1 comment:

  1. You know about the Roses in Tewkesbury, right? They tend to very art-house or old though, rather than niche current releases.

    I don't think you can claim that Cheltenham has no culture, given the plethora of music festivals, the Lit festival, a thriving professional theatre and an am-dram one and art exhibitions. Although you could claim it has little cinematic culture, I guess.

    ReplyDelete