Thursday 9 October 2008

The MI:13 - Heroclix style!

Geeky blog time!

It’s no secret to those that know me that I am thoroughly enjoying Paul Cornell and Leonard Kirk’s work on Captain Britain & MI:13.

It’s also no secret that I have never, ever enjoyed a game of Heroclix whenever I’ve tried it over the last few years. But last sunday, Rich managed the unthinkable and hosted a game at Reep’s that was bloody good fun. Perfect end of weekend fodder - AND I DIDN’T END UP LOST IN TIME AND SPACE! Long story…

I enjoyed it so much that I decided to put together the core lineup of Captain Britain and co in Clix form. I popped on eBay and quickly found a lovely seller in Canada (whiteschatzi) who had Captain Britain, Pete Wisdom (one of my favourites) and Black Knight.

So I snapped them up, plus Union Jack (not in the coreline up but after recent events ALL British heroes are now formally part of MI: 13 so the book will see various folks called to aid as required, reminiscent of Global Frequency - also Joe Chapman is a great character when written well!).

I also want to put the Thunderbolts together in both original and current line ups, but with the cost of certain Clix that will be a longer term effort, but whiteschatzi did have Mach-4 so I had to snag him - Abe is equally one of my favourite characters. I miss him actually. And the Fixer. I’d love ot pitch a book to Marvel starring those two. I have ideas, but would it sell to anyone but me? Ah well…

As the shipping costs were $8 for up to six miniatures, I felt I should get one more. So I did, but that’s a surprise. A very funny surprise! ;)

So along with the Iron Man from FCBD 2008, I now have a few Clix! Marvellous. So to speak. If I continue to enjoy myself, I will pick up the T-bolts as discussed (Citizen V/Baron Zemo, Moonstone, Songbird, Mach-V, Atlas, Techno/Fixer and Jolt, plus a Hawkeye to replace Zemo for when they’re going straight, and then Green Goblin, Venom, Bullseye, Songbird, Moonstone, Swordsman and Radioactive Man for the new post-Civil War team).

I also want to get a legion of Iron Man armours to represent Tony using Extremis powers as he has a few times, plus the Green Lantern Corps ready for Blackest Night. Great fun.

Plus we have Monsterpocalypse to sink our teeth into!

Fuck all the other rubbish in my life, at least i have some things to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment